After careful consideration and much regret I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain. I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain. If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and reviews that were left behind during the site migration.
Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com
Edifier e3100 2+1 Speaker System Review
Author: Dennis Garcia
IIn this review we will be looking at a mainstream speaker system from Edifier called the e3100. The system comes in a 2+1 configuration making it perfect for any desktop computer setup or even a stand alone DVD or stereo system. Being that there is only 2 speakers and a sub surround sound will be out of the question.
Edifier has been building custom and high quality loudspeakers since 1996 and since then has expanded to be one of the largest acoustical manufacturers in China with a total of 3 companies in China and North America.
- 5'' High performance Woofer (131mm), Magnetically Shielded
- 3 ''Midrange Driver with heat treated paper voice coil Magnetically Shielded
- 3/4'' PV membrane dome Tweeter Magnetically Shielded
- Front panel controls for Volume, Bass, and Treble adjustments
- Available in black and silver finishes
- Signal-to-Noise Rate (Amplifier): >=85dBA
- Input Impedance:10Kohm
- Input Sensitive: 450mv
- Frequency Response: 48-20k Hz
- Bass driver unit: 5" Woofer with heat treated paper voice coil(131 mm) Magnetically Shielded
- Midrange Driver: 3" Midrange with heat treated paper voice coil(78 mm) Magnetically Shielded
- Tweeter: 3/4" PV membrane dome Tweeter, Magnetically Shielded
- Weight: About 7 Kg