AMD Ryzen Launch Day - Ryzen 7 1800X and Others
A few days ago I speculated about what Ryzen would actually be. If you are curious about my thoughts be sure to check out my news posting on the subject. Of course with that being said Ryzen has launched and there are a good number of reviews out there. Sadly, None from Hardware Asylum, at least yet.
I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get a launch review ready. Our friends over at Techgage had issues getting their Ryzen sample in before heading out to GDC to witness the GTX 1080 Ti launch (which I think is better). So while they work to get performance numbers they posted a technology article instead.
I'm not going to say it is the best article on Ryzen, but it is the best article I have read since getting up this morning.
After having my morning Pepsi I checked out FB and noticed a post from one of the HWBOT mods claiming that Ryzen benchmarks have been posted. Knowing that FB comments are always the best source of what people "really" think I gave them a look and this one stood out.
They look really good under LN2, but air/water... NOT good..
I'm not sure what that actually means but. it has to be true right? Well, lets check some of the web reviews and see what the professionals have to say.
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X processor review
- AMD's Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 7 1700X, and Ryzen 7 1700 CPUs reviewed
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X CPU Review: The Wait is Over at Modders-Inc
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X, And 1700 Reviews And Benchmarks: Zen Brings The Fight Back To Intel
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1700 Processor Review @ Legit Reviews (seems legit)
- Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 @ LanOC Reviews
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Linux Benchmarks @ Phoronix
- AMD Ryzen 7 CPUs @ LanOC Reviews
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Review @ Vortez
- The AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Performance Review @ Hardware Canucks (Whoa they included a "the" *damn that is slick)
Well that is the list, at least what was sent to the Hardwre Asylum news inbox. For overclocking results be sure to check out HWBOT.org, they are currently the defacto source for overclocking scores sorted by hardware type and a pretty good indication as to what you can expect, at least in terms of overclocking.
I'll be working on getting some Ryzen stuff in the Hardware Asylum Labs soon so, until then, I guess. wait? ya seems like an appropriate response.
comments powered by Disqus