After careful consideration and much regret I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain. I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain. If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and reviews that were left behind during the site migration.
Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com
Corsair TX750 750Watt Power Supply Review
Author: Austin Hamann
Corsair was nice enough to send over its bigger brother, the CMPSU-750TX 750Watt PSU for review. We expect only the best from this power supply, backed by Corsair and a 5-year warranty. We don’t have the proper equipment to accurately conduct a PSU review so instead we will be focusing on the look and usability of this unit based on our long term testing and burn in process.
The manual is very well written and includes instructions on using the PSU as a replacement or as a new PSU, features overall specs, warranty information, warnings, safety certifications, and even includes an introduction about Corsair power supplies. For those of you that need a different language the manual has 8 to choose from.
Finally, as an added bonus, the PSU comes inside a black velvet bag, which is only useful for transportation or storage, but is very nice to look at having Corsair logo in the center.
- Operating Range: 90~264VAC, .99 Power Factor
- Frequency: 47~63Hz
- Current: 10A(115V), 5A(230V)
- Efficiency: 80%+(81-87%) under 20%, 50%, and 100% load
- Output: +3.3V @ 30A, +5V @ 28A, +12V @ 60A, -12V @ 0.8A, +5VSB @ 3A
- Max. Continuous Output = 750W
- Max. Peak Output = 900W(720W @+12V, 180W @ +3.3V & +5V)
- Regulation: 3%(+12V), 5%(+3.3V, +5V, +5Vsb), 10%(-12V)
- Operating Temperature: 0C to 50C
- Humidity: 10%-90%
- Fan Type: Double ball-bearing, Thermal controlled, 140mm fan
- Safety Approval: UL, CUL, TUV, CE, FCC, CCC, CB, C-tick
- Certifications: nvidia SLI, 80+ Certified
- M/B Connectors: 20+4-pin, 4+4-pin ATX/EPS, 4 6+2-pin PCI-E
- Drive Connectors: 18 (8 Molex, 8 SATA, 2 Floppy)
- MTBF: 100,000 hours at 25C
- Things to know: Active PFC, all Japanese Capacitors
- Warranty: 5 year
- EPS12V/ATX12V v2.2 & v2.01 compatible: yes