After careful consideration I have decided to transfer all hardware review activities to a new domain. I purchased Hardwareasylum.com in 2012 and have been working hard to build a new and improved Ninjalane on that domain. If you are reading this you have reached one of the archived articles, news, projects and/or reviews that were left behind during the site migration.
Please update your bookmarks and be sure to visit the new and improved Ninjalane at Hardwareasylum.com
The Multi-GPU Index Explained
The data collected for each motherboard will consist of:
- Overall Multi GPU Index
- PCI Express slot layout (This will show you what each 16x card slot is doing as more and more cards are installed)
- n card optimized (This is to indicate the best performance configuration regardless of support)
- n card maximum (This will indicate how many graphics cards the board will support regardless of overall performance)
- Foxconn Quantum Force BloodRage
- EVGA X58 SLI LE
- Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
- Foxconn Quantum Force Inferno Katana
- EVGA P55 Classified 200
- DFI LanParty UT X48-T3R
- Foxconn Quantum Force BlackOps
- Gigabyte GA-890FX-UD5
- DFI LanParty DK 790FXB
- Foxconn Winfast NFPIK8AA
- Single slot coolers: while dual slot cooling solutions are more popular we needed a card with a minimal footprint due to the slot layout on some motherboards.
- Support the PCIe 2.0 standard
- Ability to run in QuadFire (quad gpu) configurations.